- 001 Hunt start location at Mieville - mini-hunt here for ten segments of 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea. It says something about my gift for obsessive completism that I religiously dug out all ten segments even though I have already transcribed this book onto notecard myself.
- 002 ~Lantian~ "20k" necklace (small and large sizes, suitable for ladies and gents). Tasteful little necklace with a bronze-y, globe-y pendant, quite restrained by the standards of Lantian necklaces! The globe opens on touch to a blue glowy thing. Pretty.
- 003 Pop Tart & Urban Assault - big unisex stompy boots with a nautical motif. Always room in my inventory for big stompy boots! They will need a bit of adjusting for fit, but so many boots do. (I'm not sure why. A lot of them show bits of my calf sticking through the boot on the inside leg, and I don't have particularly big calves. I do have long, slender legs, too long for the alpha layers supplied with the boots to cover everything. Never rely just on alpha layers for fitting, that's what I say.)
- 004 !! Never Ever ! - globe of the world. Nice map; sculpty frame looks a little rough-hewn and chunky, but overall a good low-impact decorative item.
- 005 Morigi Steam - Morigi Kraken touring submarine. Seats nine and has decorative tentacles; straightforward in operation. I have more than one of Miss Morigi's submarines in inventory already, and they do not disappoint.
- 006 Dragons' Designs - two outfits, suitable for ladies and gents. The ladies' outfit is a neat enough Victorian circus or burlesque thing; it's nicely enough done - I don't know when I will ever find the urge to wear it or an appropriate event to wear it at, but it's nice, and it's there if I need it.
- 007 GUHL - photo lamp. Not the first photo lamp I have found on hunts at GUHL. It's, well, it's a photo lamp. Neatly enough made... nothing particularly steampunk about it, to my possibly untutored eye. Doesn't "steampunk" usually mean "we stuck a gratuitous brass cog on it somewhere"? Anyway, GUHL didn't. Never mind.
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Bringing home the bacon
I did have time to scan the first few items from the ongoing Steam Hunt 6, and even record a few of my impressions. Gifties examined thus far:-