Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bringing home the bacon, part 10

061 - Hearth & Home: By Neptune's Gears! chair.  I didn't even know Neptune had gears, but I am not going to argue with a piece of furniture as imposing as this.  It has tridents and heraldic dolphins too.  Readers may know I am a sucker for heraldry.

062 - The Mad Hattery:  Tribute to Jules Verne hat.  If I lined up all the hats I have from the Mad Hattery, I would have... quite a long line of hats.  This is a sound example of the breed.  It has bubbles and tentacles, all is well. 

063  - Urban Forge Architecture: Architeuthis Mechanica.  Oh my.  A giant brass octopus for living in.  Stylish!  Huge, mind, but definitely stylish.  (The spelling of "Architeuthis" is inconsistent across the packaging, but they've got it right on the item itself, so full marks for that, too.)


064 - Texture Junction:  "Of Steam Nostalgia" texture pack.  Mixed bag of textures for use as, well, textures - some suitable for backgrounds, some with alpha transparency to be used as trim... I can find things to do with these, definitely.

065 - NeoVictoria Visitors' Center: four items from a mini-hunt, two table lamps (one with a "live" and one with a "dying" soul), a street lamp, and a 2012 calendar.  All quality stuff.  NeoVictoria is an impressively detailed RP/machinema setting with a steampunk theme, all very well done, and I only wish I could get over that info board at the Visitors' Center which talked about the "Sexual Morays" of the setting.  Watch out for those eels! - Yes, I know they meant "mores", and I know only a petty trivial mind could be sidetracked by what's obviously a minor spelling error.  Unfortunately, I have a petty trivial mind.  Morays.  Hee.

066 - Yellow Rose Designs:  Pipe Dreams Topiary.  Pot plant with turning gears, therefore definitely steampunk.  And a little bird that flaps its wings, too. Fun item!

067 - Hatpins: Steamy Bubbles top hat.  Another one to add to the collection.  Perfectly fine example of the breed... I think the tricornes, which were making a good showing earlier, are now outnumbered by the top hats.  So it goes.  This one has bubbles but no tentacles.  An earlier one had tentacles but no bubbles.  We are talking elegant variations upon a theme here, obviously.

068 - Crazy Amazons: very "mini" mini-hunt here yields a Steampunk House Boat and a Steampunk Lamp.  The lamp hangs from a ceiling fixture (cog-shaped and therefore Steampunk), the houseboat is more of a boat than a house, and a sound enough and decorative enough piece of kit.  Both of them OK things to have, really.

069 - Montagne Noir: Steam 6 Dining Set.  Montagne Noir is maybe better known for clothes, but I got a writing table from there when their furniture shop opened in Oxbridge Village, and I am quite satisfied with it!  The Steam 6 Dining Set seats four in quite resplendently coggy fashion.  It's not the heavy and realistic style I've come to expect from Montagne Noir; this one is light and fanciful and fun.  I like it.  And it is *totally* cogged up.


070 - Royal Thai Gallery:  Mini Ganesh 3.  A small (hence the mini) painting of the Indian elephant god Ganesh, part of RTG's pretty extensive collection of ethnic art... hang on.  Where is the cog?  I don't see a cog!  Is it still steampunk if it doesn't have a cog?... OK, I'm just being silly, now, I'd better stop.  It's a nice picture, I don't see how a cog would improve it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. "I only wish I could get over that info board at the Visitors' Center which talked about the "Sexual Morays" of the setting. Watch out for those eels! - Yes, I know they meant "mores", and I know only a petty trivial mind could be sidetracked by what's obviously a minor spelling error. Unfortunately, I have a petty trivial mind. Morays. Hee."
    OMG ...THANK YOU! I'm the owner of NeoVictoria and ...it should be "Sexual Mores". *sighs* Being dyslexic in real-life, I sometimes just miss stuff. What's really funny is the hundreds of people who have seen that and not said a word! I will change it next we

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of some small service! And I should curb my sarcasm, I think, and point out that everything *else* I've seen of NeoVictoria so far has me very much impressed.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Glorf. If, as you wander, you see any more typos please do let me know! One can never have too many eyes when it comes to proof-reading.

      Delete