Thursday, May 24, 2012

Maddeningly incomplete

OK... so, I can understand why the viewer comes up, at login, with a list of my favourite places to log in at, on account of, y'know, this is what I tell it to do.

I can understand it not doing that, because clearly the malicious viewer pixie has flipped the bit that says "show favourites at login" - it is annoying and it shouldn't happen, but if LL chooses to install a malicious pixie into their viewer, who am I to argue the toss?

What I don't understand is why it only shows some of the list.  Sometimes.  Not all the time.

Are there a couple of places it disapproves of?  Are two of my seven favourites places which are not the In spots to be Seen At?  I can't think of any other even semi-sensible reason.... Well, no, maybe I can.  The missing places are the oldest and the newest of the entries on my favourites list.  Maybe there is some sort of fencepost error going on with the database query, and the top and tail of the list are being chopped?  It is strange, but it could happen.

Not for the first time, I wish LL would just fix this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment