Monday, September 21, 2015

Renaissance Hunt V: yet more unpacking.

Here goes with another selection of stuff - at this rate, I will get everything done before the Hunt ends, which will be helpful!  Or, at least, it will be what I was aiming for.  Anyway, on we go.

We recommence at number 41, which is Sparrow by Design, and which gives us this... voluminous... Bosch Gown for the ladies, and a Doublet (for which I don't have a picture, I'm afraid) for the men.  It comes with a mesh bodice in a range of sizes, but no accompanying alpha layer.  Tali speculated that it's aimed at people with mesh bodies and their own alpha HUDs.  Well, it's not like I can't make my own alphas anyway.

Slightly more conventional mesh from 42, Miss Darcy, and actually this London Towne Gown is pretty nice - modest without being frumpy, that sort of thing.  The Homme equivalent for the gents is on the pack shot behind me.  Looks suitably Renaissance, I think.

 Tudor Gown from 43, Adelle Arts.  Again, neat mesh design, and a male equivalent, on the pack beside me.  Looks like the gentlemen get to be Thomas Cromwell or Archbishop Cranmer or some other such Tudor worthy.  The outfit includes that hair, by the way.  I went all brunette, it felt weird.

 Still brunette, sheltering from the elements under this mesh Renaissance Garden Tent from number 44, Orchid Petal Designs.

 Still brunette, in the female version of the Day at the Faire outfit from number 45, Suki's Silken Fashions.  I must say, mesh design has come on a bit since the old days, when I was poking out in odd places as often as not.

 I lost the hair, and went back to an old-school look, with the Lady Francise outfit from Feyline Fashions, number 46.  You can see the gents' equivalent, Ser Francis, on the box behind me.  Old-school still works, you know.  Good system layers and flexis and stuff can be just as good as mesh - and sometimes you need a combination of techniques anyway, for things to work properly.

 Number 47, Drow Science, provides this rather splendid mesh Roman Chariot on a plinth, with a little baby one of the same added in, in case you want to put one on your desk or something.  Decorative, and spiffingly so.

 Here we have the Isabella furniture set (two chairs, a table, and a vase of flowers) from number 48, Belle Epoque, who were new to me, and who rather impressed me.  Each of those things is 1 LI, which is pretty darn efficient mesh design.  Belle Epoque also do mesh clothing, and they do it, in my estimation, pretty well.

 In fact, I'm wearing a Belle Epoque dress in this shot and the next one, although what I'm actually snapshotting is supposed to be that Renaissance Pillow With Fans from Emma's @ Blue Moose, stop 49.  The pillow thing has that lounging animation, which would work much better if I'd put it down on a chaise-longue or something.
 And it gives you a fan you can hold.  Actually, it gives you a choice of fans, the one I've got there, or a butch one for the gentlemen.

 Back to the old-school outfits, and a sort of serving wench look from number 50, Rozamyndi's.  You can see the one for the gents on the pack shot.  He looks a bit servant-y too, I think.  Though not a wench, obviously enough.

 Just as well I had the serving wench look, since number 51, McMinnar's Oddments, gives us this Medieval Kitchen complete with a roasting ox on a spit.  It turns and everything.

 Bit baffled as to how to get a shot of the gift from 52, Razmataz, as it's an animation.  In the event, this Royal Animated Pose is a static looped thing, you can more or less make out what it looks like from the pack shot.  It's suitably dignified, anyway.

 "Amanya" furniture set from number 53, An Lema.  Nice mesh furniture, and the Looking Glass - emitting particles there - asks you what your heart's desire is when you click on it.   I think I might have shocked it.  No, no details of what I said to it, this is still Not That Sort Of Blog.

 Les Arts de Saint-Bruno at number 54 give us a bunch of portraits of Elizabeth I's court ladies.  I've pulled out three of them, but there are quite a lot more.  Neat mesh objects, good-looking.  Well, as mesh objects they're good looking.  Some of the court ladies, frankly, are a bit on the frumpy side.

 Number 55, TexWorks, gives us a texture pack.  You can see what's in it from the pack shot.  TexWorks is always quality, anyway.

Number 56 went missing.  Urid Dal's Hat Shop, they've been in several Hunts before, and they're always fun, so I hope all is well with them there!  Anyway, we move on to Bibliotheque de Coeur at number 57, and they give us one of their little poetry-reciting books.  In this case, it's Good Queen Bess herself that you get to click on.  Personally, I'd be wary of clicking on Elizabeth I.  Didn't do the Earl of Leicester much good, you know.

Here I am sitting on a Flying Carpet, from number 58, Gator's Gallery.  And a nice flying carpet it is too.

 Mesh kit for a Pointy Banner, from Dragons Are Too Seldom Inc, at stop 59.  DATSI does good stuff.
Finally, for this entry, another boring picture of a texture pack.  It contains Linen Queen of Roses textures from number 60, LilArt Creations, and is much more worthwhile than that boring picture of a box would suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment